Tuesday 22 March 2011

Funghi Trifolati ( Delicious mushroom side dish)

I made this on Saturday, as I went to the shop and the mushrooms looked so "sexy" I just had to buy them! And... when I saw the little "fiaschetti", small but perfectly formed baby plum tomatoes, I just HAD to make funghi trifolati, a simple, but truly delicious every day Italian side dish!


Here it is:


Funghi Trifloati

Serves 4
4 glugs Olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
400 gr mushrooms
5 or 6 mini plum or cherry tomatoes, chopped
a tiny amount of fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
salt and pepper
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Some thinly sliced chilli pepper to garnish

For this recipe, I like to use good mushrooms. Those white, anemic mushrooms known as champignons are not very flavoursome, so drop them in favour of, really... anything else!






  

Place all the ingredients in a pan, turn the heat up and wait until everything is sizzling. The aroma coming from the combination should be absolutely fantastic! There really is nothing to this recipe... just let all the ingredients mingle and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes and... that's it! You have a side dish wonderful with steak, fish, or a little sauce that you can enjoy on pasta, with the addition of some Parmesan cheese. Nice and easy! That's the secret of my food!



No comments:

Post a Comment